Folks who have been holding out on a new Blu-ray player can finally get their hands on a sub-$100 model when Christmas rolls around, since that is when the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) will allow both technology and licensing to become available to manufacturers in China, which means we will most definitely see super affordable $99 Blu-ray players flooding the market in due time. Guess the PS3 can’t position itself as the cheapest Blu-ray player in the market anymore when this happens, eh? Despite having cheap players around, it takes two to tango – which means the prices of Blu-ray discs themselves ought to be lowered so that Blu-ray will really take off to replace DVDs as the de facto standard for home entertainment.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: HTC One M8's Dual-Lens Setup Draws Interest From Huawei And Lenovo [Rumor]
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release