[Web 2.0] The new eBay Manager Applications Beta allows third party developers to embed their applications at My eBay, where professional sellers manage their business. eBay Selling Manager tool currently has 270,000 active paying subscribers in the US which represents a large potential customer base for the upcoming third party applications. Once approved, applications will be available to eBay Selling Management Applications subscribers, the developers set the price of subscription fees and get a 80% revenue share, according to Kumar Kandaswamy, head of eBay Developers Program and Platform. UPS integrates its shipping software, WorldShip, available from the eBay Selling Manager Applications, so sellers will be able to manage shipping directly from My eBay. Other featured eBay third party applications showcased at Web 2.0 expo are:
- Terapeak is a marketing tool that provides pricing and timing trends on the eBay marketplace.
- HostedSupport is a CRM that manages sellers-buyers relation.
- ahText is an instant mobile alerts system
- Cloud Conversion provides performance feedback and sales ratings.
Started in November 2000, the eBay Developers Program has more than 87,000 members who have created over 13,500 live applications. More information about the eBay Developers Program can be found at http://developer.ebay.com/.
Developers can join the beta and begin developing their eBay Selling Manager application.
Web 2.0 attendees: check the new eBay offering at the booth 608, more information will be provided during Mark Carges, eBay’s SVP of Platform and CTO, will deliver a keynote on Wednesday, April 1 at 5:00pm
- 2010-11-07 RockMelt, a Social Web Browser
- 2010-11-16 Web 2.0 Summit - Day 1 - Photo Gallery
- 2010-11-16 Web 2.0 Summit 2010 Live Stream
- 2010-11-16 Yahoo! Local Offers Program and New Messenger with Facebook, Twitter, Zynga
- 2010-11-21 Web 2.0 Summit - Day 2