There’s nothing like a rumor from an “unnamed source” to fill up a Monday afternoon. A crunchy Blackberry Storm 2 rumor says that Blackberry’s next touch device is due for September 2009. The timing seems right, given that most cellphone makers try to push their products at the end of the year. the next storm will have WIFI support, something that the first iteration came under fire for. It’s particularly sad, given that pretty much every recent smartphones do support WIFI. Anyway, with 1M unit sold (how many returned?) it’s not a bad business for Blackberry or Verizon, but let’s hope that blackberry will fix the slow user interface and add some decent hardware graphics acceleration. If not, they could simply call it “Storm WiFi Edition”.
Next Story: HP Pavilion DV2 is Available
- 2011-01-08: Verizon iPhone to be available around the end of January?
- 2010-04-09: Blackberry Tablet Creates Buzz in Taiwan
- 2010-05-13: iPhone 4G in Vietnam seems to run on iPhone OS 4?
- 2010-06-01: Rumor: iPhone 4G chassis captured on video
- 2010-07-02: Samsung Galaxy S handles video out via 3.5mm headset jack