Apple has released a software update over the weekend that is aimed at curing system freezing issues concerning iMacs which were released earlier this year, in particular those that came with an ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics chipset. The iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.4 that weighs in at 1.7MB will handle the hard lock-ups that randomly occur, making iMac users reboot their systems all over again regardless of whether they’re running on Mac OS X or Windows in Boot Camp. In addition, this fix also does away problems that occur which prevent the system from waking up nice and proper while using Boot Camp – as long as you’re running on Mac OS X 10.5.6 or later.
Next Story: Is Palm As Dead as Ashok Kumar (Analyst) Says?
- 2014-04-10: Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2013-12-05: Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- 2013-10-29: Man Files Class-Action Lawsuit Against Apple Over Failing 27" iMac Displays
- 2013-01-30: MacBook EFI Updates Bids Adieu To Battery Issues
- 2010-01-25: New update for 27-inch iMac in the works
- 2010-12-15: Whispers of MacBook Pro and iMac redesigns on the horizon