Leviathan Energy has stumbled upon an ingenious method to improve the efficiency of wind turbines without having to make any modifications to the turbines or propellers themselves. This is made possible courtesy of aerodynamic modeling, where a specially designed plastic and metal skirt structure is wrapped around the base of the wind turbine, helping it direct air flow to the critical areas of the blades. This alone will guarantee an increase in power output by the wind turbine by at least 15-30%, while at lower wind speeds (0-6 meters per second), it is able to hit gains of up to 150%. Before you think this is a one-size-fits-all solution, bear in mind individual skirts will have to be custom designed and built according to the height of the wind turbine, length of the blades and the wind conditions where it’s installed.
Next Story: 8-Bit FM Internet Radio Station
- Researchers Develop Minuscule Windmills That Could Charge Our Phones
- SolarCooler Keeps Your Drinks Cold By Harnessing The Power Of The Sun
- Parce, The First Intelligent Energy-Saving Smart Device In The World
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- ROHM Solid Hydrogen Source Fuel Cell