[Where 2.0] I saw Earthmine for the first time when it launched at DEMOFall 07: it offers a Street View-like application that has a better image quality than the Google application (at the time of launch) and provides various web 2.0 interactive tools. This street-level 3D mapping technology allows users to collect and use all kinds of geospatial data in urban environments (i.e. buildings measurements, urban inventory), which appeals to a wide range of markets including construction, engineering, architecture, real estate, infrastructure management, transportation.
To add more fun to its pretty serious offering, the company launched Wild Style City (http://www.wildstylecity.com), a virtual graffiti application that lets digital urban artists express their talent using various interactive geo-tagging tools. Wild Style City leverage earthmine’s 3D mapping platform and the earthmine Flash Viewer API, which provides access to earthmine’s data library for Adobe Flash, Flex or AIR based applications (in beta). Check out the photo gallery, the demo or try it live, this application is super cool!
Next Story: Verizon Wireless To Launch enV Touch On June 5th
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-03-06: GPS Tracking Shoes Offer Alzheimer's Patients Added Safety