UMPCFeaver (in Chinese) has posted photos of what it claims to be the autofocus feature of the upcoming iPhone OS 3.0. some claim that the OS 3.0 will also boost the image quality from old phones, but if the iPhone 3rd Generation’s camera has an autofocus, it would make things even sweeter.
From the screenshots, it looks like users can tap to indicate where they want the focus to be.
Update: the UMPCfever page has been removed since
There is currently mixed opinions about whether or not these photos were taken on the new camera hardware. The photo quality is too poor to confirm anything, but we’ve seen photo improvements on iPhone 2nd Generation hardware, due to better software image processing in OS 3.0. On the other hand, the actual tap autofocus was not demonstrated before, and *should* work effectively only on the new camera, which doesn’t seem to be the case here: the tap zone is not particularely sharp.
Next Story: PSP Go Revealed
- 2014-04-24 The Feeling Skin Is An iPhone Battery Case And More
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2012-01-25 iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2012-01-16 Gucci covers for your iPhone and iPad
- 2012-01-12 Thousands line up for the iPhone 4S launch in China
- 2011-05-06 Apple closing in on Nokia's as top smartphone maker
- 2010-12-01 Android for Men, iPhone for Women According to Recent Survey