We’ve been using a Roomba and a Scooba in the office for some time and it’s true that they are having a hard-time with corners. Fortunately, there are few corners and they are quite small in surface. However, iRobot‘s engineers just want to get it right so they worked on it and patented a new robot that would be able to clean corners as well.
In our view, such a robot would necessitate a smarter sweeping algorithm, which we think iRobot has also created. Hopefully this patent will turn into a reality. In the meantime, we just wished that the robots did not get stuck while trying to climb on the chair’s foot or suck-in speaker wires.
Next Story: iRiver P35 Officially Coming This Fall
- 2014-01-06 iRobot Scooba 450 Cleans Your Floor In A New Manner
- 2013-08-22 Braava 320 And Braava 380t Floor Mopping Robots Launched
- 2013-06-10 iRobot Ava 500 Telepresence Robot With Cisco Video Endpoint
- 2013-01-24 FDA Approves Robot Doctor
- 2012-11-14 Goomba and other Nintendo icons rock your iRobot vacuum cleaner
- 2012-08-14 Roomba 650 and Looj 300 cleaning robots launched by iRobot
- 2012-05-08 Cocorobo; Sharp’s Talking Vacuum Cleaner Has Different Moods