According to data from BrandIndex, the Microsoft marketing blitz codenamed “Laptop Hunter” (started in march) has perceptible positive effects on the Microsoft brand, at the expense of Apple. If you have been living in a cave and have not seen the ad on TV (in the U.S), we have embedded one of the ads in the full post.
The research shows that Apple’s “value perception” has fallen, while Microsoft’s has risen in similar proportions. The study was done with daily interviews of 5000 people, in the 18-34 age range. [via adage]
“Apple had a pretty big advantage, historically, when we look at our data,” “It would be very unusual for Microsoft’s score to be increasing this much and Apple’s to be decreasing without some sort of event driving that, like a major campaign that’s particularly successful,” (Mr. Marzilli, Brand Index)
Next Story: BlackBerry Storm 2 To Arrive in June?
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2013-05-17: New Google Chrome Ad Spoofed By Microsoft
- 2013-05-13: Bill Gates Recognizes Steve Jobs Was Better At Design Than Him
- 2013-04-22: Tech Companies Donate Money To Aid China's Earthquake Affectees
- 2013-02-28: iFixit Deems Microsoft Surface Pro Least Repairable Tablet
- 2013-02-14: Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share