OQO, the maker of ultraportable Windows-powered computers is now dead, leaving its customers to fend for themselves with the computers they bought for a fairly high price. OQO was a sexy device, but the company failed to find the balance between coolness and price. Also, Windows is arguably not all that great and not always adapted for such a small display. it was simply a matter of added-value. Shortly before going under, the company announced an OQO model 2+ with an OLED display and 3G connectivity, but none of these fancy features were correcting the basic value proposition problem.
- 2011-04-11: EraThink EraPalm spotted, rumored for US release
- 2010-08-17: RAmos W9 Mobile Internet Device gets Android as well
- 2010-09-23: RAmos T11AD portable media player runs on Android
- 2010-10-04: Bresser has new Android tablet in Germany
- 2010-11-23: Window of China unveils N9 MID