Wasn’t the Palm Pre supposed to be available for $549 without a contract? Not according to Best Buy. In anticipation of the (engineered?) shortage, BestBuy is setting the price at $849.99, so that you’ll have a hard time choosing between a laptop, an iPhone+accessories or any Blackberry – and the Palm Pre.
There are Palm fans out there, but a $849 price is just crazy. We suspect that BestBuy gets a commission from Sprint on 2-yr contracts, so the goal is to funnel buyers to sign those.
Next Story: Sharp Drive Recorders Does Wide-Angle
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones
- 2009-05-22: Best Buy to Launch Palm Pre in Two Phases
- 2009-10-20: Palm Pre patch ends calls with slide
- 2010-01-07: Palm Press Conference Wrap-Up