Wasn’t the Palm Pre supposed to be available for $549 without a contract? Not according to Best Buy. In anticipation of the (engineered?) shortage, BestBuy is setting the price at $849.99, so that you’ll have a hard time choosing between a laptop, an iPhone+accessories or any Blackberry – and the Palm Pre.
There are Palm fans out there, but a $849 price is just crazy. We suspect that BestBuy gets a commission from Sprint on 2-yr contracts, so the goal is to funnel buyers to sign those.RELATED
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: bestbuy, palm, palm pre, pre, smartphones,