Fortune has published a short article to remind eveyone that the Palm Pre does sync with iTunes “seamlessly”. The catch is: it works only for non-DRM (copy protected) music files, as Palm can’t use Apple’s DRM system. This is a timely reminder as the June 6 launch date approaches. Mac users can now make an informed decision.
We don’t know what Apple’s reaction is going to be, if there is a reaction to that. It is probably totally legal for the Pre to sync with iTunes, just like tons of other devices (home servers…) out there.
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones
- 2009-10-20: Palm Pre patch ends calls with slide
- 2009-10-31: iTunes Locks Palm Pre Out (Again)
- 2010-01-07: Palm Press Conference Wrap-Up