RIM won’t get sucked into the netbook game, according to their co-CEO Jim Balsillie who has laid out a promise that they will remain 100% committed to phones and phones alone, although its closest competitors, with Nokia in particular, are already mulling over the decision to diversify their product line to include netbooks and notebooks. Balsillie looks the other way round instead, hoping to diversify his current portfolio of handsets, playing around with a combination of candybar and slider form factors, touchscreen displays, mini-QWERTYs or full-QWERTYs among others. What do you think – is this sheer genius or pure folly while the going is good? We think this question remains as a rhetorical one until enough time has passed us by.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: netbook, news, RIM,
- Seen at: pocket-lint