iVisit is currently working on an application known as SeeScan, where it is touted to assist blind people idenfity objects around them. At last, this is one program that puts your cameraphone to good use, detecting objects using image recognition software while reading aloud what the phone thinks it is. We wonder what would happen when you point it at a sweet young thing – would the camera just melt as it tries to process those beautiful curves? Well, one practical aspect would be telling the difference between denominations of dollar notes – something we sighted people take for granted each day.
Next Story: Corsair Cooling Ice Series T30
- 2014-03-03: Eterni.me Lets You Live “Forever”
- 2013-08-20: Samsung Launches After-School Junior Software Academy In Korea
- 2013-02-13: Skype 6.2 Gets eGifting, New Toolbar
- 2013-02-12: Adobe Lowers Prices In Australia After Government Probe
- 2013-01-08: Chinese Man Found Guilty Of Selling Pirated Software Worth $100 Million