The Sonim XP3.20 is finally going to make its debut in the US sometime this summer courtesy of a group of rural mobile phone carriers. The XP3.20 handset can also be available unlocked directly via selected retailers if you decide to use them on AT&T’s and T-Mobile’s networks. This rugged handset comes with a rubber ridge around the display, where the additional few millimeters of space between the screen glass and the actual LCD display makes the whole thing much harder to crack when pressure is applied. In fact, it is hardy enough to survive a century of 9-foot drops to concrete (or more than 20 G-forces), and has been certified to the IP67 standard. Other features include 15 hours of talk time, GPS connectivity, a 2-megapixel camera and a color LCD display.
Next Story: Springtail Exoskeleton Flying Vehicle
- 2013-03-10: Sprint Sonim XP STRIKE Is One Tough Cookie
- 2012-12-19: Sprint’s Sonim XP Strike Announced
- 2011-10-11: Sonim announces trio of handsets
- 2011-09-20: Sonim XP1301 Core NFC is most rugged NFC handset ever
- 2011-09-19: Sonim XP5300 Force 3G to arrive in Europe soon