Sony Ericsson’s Asia marketing VP Peter Ang revealed that the company’s initial Android-powered smartphones will rely on version 2.0 of the software, although nothing more than that has been leaked out. We do know that it will offer more multimedia support compared to 1.5, while leaks have pointed towards a tighter integration with social networks with Twitter in the picture as well. Ang himself doesn’t think that Android will displace other smartphone operating systems that are being plied on their handsets at this point in time, including Symbian and Windows Mobile. Are you as pessimistic as Ang, or do you think Android 2.0 will usher in a new chapter?
Next Story: T-Mobile Teases With 32GB iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2012-02-03: Sony Ericsson Xperia NX up for pre-order next week
- 2012-01-23: Sony Ericsson ST25i Kumquat to be called Xperia U?