Sprint CEO Dan Hesse must be priviledged to have inherited a palantir from the days of Gandalf, since he is able to predict a Palm Pre shortage before the smartphone is even available to the masses. According to Hesse, Sprint “didn’t intend to advertise [the Pre] heavily early on because we think we are going to have shortages for a while” and “won’t be able to keep up with demand for the device in the early period of time.” What does this tell you? Either it is very difficult to churn out plenty of Pre handsets that work just fine without glitches, or they really, really thought the Pre wouldn’t do too well until they realized that a lot of people are curious about the handset and won’t mind giving it a go. What’s your guess?
Next Story: Alcatel OT-S988W Ready To Hit China
- 2010-12-21 Leaked screenshot shows webOS 2.0 running on Palm Pre
- 2010-08-26 Palm Pre comes with iPhone home button
- 2010-08-29 Palm Pre overclocked beyond 1GHz mark
- 2010-10-12 Palm Pre 2 Pictured?
- 2010-11-11 Palm Pre removed by Sprint on the quiet?