It has come to our attention that the optical drive that will come in Acer’s new 15.6″ CULV-based ultra-thin notebook is defective, where it could potentially cause the drive to stop running. The optical drive itself is manufactured by Wistron, and they themselves have resolved the issue recently, resuming shipments of the ultra-thin notebook. It is said that Wistron will be able to catch up with Acer’s original shipment schedule of shipping one million units per month in the second half of this year. Do you know of anyone who has been affected by this optical drive defect?
Next Story: QSOUND Solar Powered Bluetooth Headphones
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing