Lowell McAdam, the CEO of Verizon, said today that his company would get the Palm Pre and the Blackberry Storm 2 in about six Months. The news helped push Palm’s stock to $11.66 (+9.31%) at publish time. Back in December, Palm’s price hit $1.42, just prior to CES.
Not only this is good news for Palm, but this most importantly great for Verizon customers anxious to get into the Pre action. Now Palm has the #2 and #3 US carriers and AT&T has basically said that it will join when the Sprint exclusive deal expire. That’s in 6 months, apparently.
Observers note that Sprint is currently doing all the heavy lifting for the Pre marketing blitz, and other carriers might greatly benefit from it. Let’s see if Sprint’s first-move will pay off. [via sfgate]
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2009-07-27: Palm Pre at Verizon in Q1 2010
- 2009-08-12: Your Palm Pre is watching you
- 2009-09-25: Verizon ditches Palm Pre
- 2009-10-20: Palm Pre patch ends calls with slide
- 2010-01-07: Palm Press Conference Wrap-Up