Microsoft has now publicly committed to launching Windows 7 in 2009 “in time for the holiday season”. The company just released the following statement:
Microsoft Corp. announced that the company is anticipating that the next version of its client operating system, Windows 7, will be available to customers in time for the holiday shopping season. In addition, Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Candidate (RC) is available today with the final product releasing to market in the same timeframe as Windows 7.
That sounds good. We like Win7, and we hope that Microsoft will now dedicate some resources to fix Internet Explorer.
Update: the previous title mentioned 2007 instead of 2009. Please forgive this typo. I’ve fixed the title, although the permalink will record this mistake until the end of times…
Next Story: Mobiado MP105 Clone
- 2014-04-17 Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11 Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08 Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2013-02-26 Windows 8 $15 Promotional Upgrade For Win 7 PCs Ends Thursday
- 2009-05-05 Microsoft Windows 7 Release Candidate Now Available
- 2009-06-29 Windows 7 Pre-Orders Are Sold Out
- 2010-01-18 Windows 7 rumors abound
- 2010-04-27 Windows 7 is fastest selling Windows OS