iPod docks are dime a dozen, but DIY versions are a rarity. Here’s the Atari iPod Dock by Byron Casebier, and this is what he has to say about it.
Here is my weak (and slightly unfinished) Atari iPod Dock. I thought sharing may create interest for someone that can do this better. As far as specs, I gutted a broken, iPod clock radio and put it all inside the Atari. Everything works except for the clock (it was the broken part). There is even a remote control so I can sit back on my vinyl couch, drink some Tang and control my tunes…And yes, I’m still rocking a 3rd gen iPod. A little geek factoid about that generation of iPod: It’s still Jason Chen’s, Matt Buchanan’s and my favorite iPod design. Those orange glowing buttons were the best.
Pretty amazing stuff, don’t you think? Now to get him to make iPod docks out of all the consoles of yore.RELATED
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- MOGA Ace Power Controller For iOS 7 Devices Launched
- Apple Lets Developers Access Game Center To Remove Fake Scores And Block Cheaters
- iPhone 5C Case Can Now Be Used To Play Connect Four
- EA Alleges Apple Paid Them A "Truckload" Of Money To Delay Plants Vs Zombies 2 For Android
- Follow: atari 2600, diy, ipod dock, mod,
- Seen at: gizmodo