iPod docks are dime a dozen, but DIY versions are a rarity. Here’s the Atari iPod Dock by Byron Casebier, and this is what he has to say about it.
Here is my weak (and slightly unfinished) Atari iPod Dock. I thought sharing may create interest for someone that can do this better. As far as specs, I gutted a broken, iPod clock radio and put it all inside the Atari. Everything works except for the clock (it was the broken part). There is even a remote control so I can sit back on my vinyl couch, drink some Tang and control my tunes…And yes, I’m still rocking a 3rd gen iPod. A little geek factoid about that generation of iPod: It’s still Jason Chen’s, Matt Buchanan’s and my favorite iPod design. Those orange glowing buttons were the best.
Pretty amazing stuff, don’t you think? Now to get him to make iPod docks out of all the consoles of yore.
Next Story: Huawei U8230 Launched
- 2012-06-14: JVC Kenwood NX-SA5 clears the air as an iPod dock
- 2012-03-28: Monster Light Disc Audio Dock for Tron fans
- 2011-11-13: iTree dock burns a huge hole in your pocket
- 2011-10-17: iCharge records all the goings on around the iPhone 4S
- 2011-07-19: HAI Dock begins to ship
- 2011-02-28: Atari 2600 Stella mod is the bomb
- 2009-11-25: Sega Mega Drive iPod dock
- 2009-12-02: NES cart iPod dock
- 2010-01-27: Portable Atari 2600 fits in the palm of your hand
- 2010-02-19: Vintage radio turned into iPod dock