Power to the people – folks in China are currently organizing a computer boycott come this July 1st as a form of protest against mandated filtering software. Up to millions of computers all over the country could remain turned off if the boycott is a success – where it will target the mandatory Youth Escort Green Dam filtering software which the government has insisted on being installed on all new machines sold from that date onwards. Needless to say, critics claim that this is one method the government uses to prevent voices of dissent and protest from occuring in the tightly controlled state.
Next Story: HTC Firestone Makes Appearance
- 2014-01-05: HP Slate Pro All-in-One with Android and NVidia Tegra 4
- 2014-01-05: HP ProOne 400 AiO Announced
- 2014-01-05: HP 205 AiO Revealed
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1