Parade Technologies has revealed their new DisplayPort To HDMI/DVI Converter device known by its model number, PS161. The PS161 will feature an integrated circuit which consists of a full DisplayPort receiver, a full HDMI/DVI transmitter, and an optional HDCP repeater. When in operation within an HDMI-or DVI-enabled digital TV (DTV) or monitor, the PS161 is able to offer a solution for adding a DisplayPort input for computer-to-TV connectivity. You will be able to plug in up to four main link lanes at speed of up to 2.7 Gbit/sec per lane, where Parade’s proprietary advanced equalizer technology will further improve data transmission performance over long cables. Compliant with the latest HDMI 1.3a specification, the PS161 will retail for $3.75 in 100k volume.
- 2011-07-26: InFocus IN1100 Projector Series now available
- 2011-07-13: PS3 feature being removed on the sly by Sony?
- 2011-06-02: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play might feature HDMI output
- 2011-05-23: RedMere launches portable micro-HDMI cable for smartphones and tablets
- 2011-05-10: RedMere makes HDMI output from iOS devices a one cable affair
- 2009-12-15: Novac NV-CV100UH USB To HDMI Converter Box
- 2010-02-12: Kanex HDMI to Mini DisplayPort Converter
- 2010-12-06: Atlona Technologies Releases HDMI to Mini DisplayPort Converter Box