It has been announced that id Software, the creator of Doom and Quake, has been acquired for an undisclosed amount by Bethesda Softworks, a company owned by Zenimac Media Inc.
If you wonder, key employees have signed up long term contracts and will stay on board to develop the next-generation games (notably on iPhone). According to id’s CEO, the company needed more resources to grow their business. As of late, we think that id had “only” 65 employees. The whole company was effectively smaller than many game development teams in the industry.
Next Story: Pantech TruEmotion 3D Interface For Cellphones
- 2014-04-02: Bethesda Will Sell The Elder Scrolls Online Time Cards
- 2014-03-24: The Elder Scrolls Online Early Access Times Revealed
- 2014-03-13: Bethesda Defends The Elder Scrolls Online's $15 Subsciption Fee
- 2014-03-04: Possible Dishonored II Splash Screen Leaked [Rumor]
- 2014-01-29: The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition Confirmed For $99.99
- 2012-07-09: AT&T to sponsor QuakeCon 2012
- 2012-05-11: Wolfenstein 3D Available Free on iPhone and iPad
- 2012-05-09: Wolfenstein 3D Turns 20; Bethesda and Id Celebrate with a Web-Browser Game