Update: It appears that this would be the 11.1″ Samsung N510. The specifications are under intense speculation, but the word on the street is that this will be a 1366×768 11.1″ display, an Atom N280 1.66Ghz and only 1GB of memory. On the storage side, a 160GB HDD will be there and the connectivity will be handled by a WIFI-N chip. Finally, it should have a 6-Cell battery. Expect pricing around $600 in the USA.
Update 2: A photo of the right-side has been added to the gallery
This photo shows an upcoming Samsung Netbook powered by the Nvidia Ion Chipset. Right now, there is not a lot of information about. The background provides a hint that this photo was taken while NVIDIA was showing new design-wins behind closed doors. A closer look will reveal a VGA and HMDI port on the left side, but before you get excited with a triple monitor setup (internal LCD included), you should know that usually, one can only use 2 displays at once: LCD+VGA or LCD+HDMI. I’m not sure about “no-LCD”+VGA+HDMU.
If you missed what Ion is: it’s a chipset with an integrated GeForce 9400M. That’s the same chipset than the one Apple use in the new Macbook Pro. The net result is a netbook that has many times the graphics capabilities of non-Nvidia chipsets. At some point, Intel was said to be using pricing pressure to slow Ion’s adoption.
Next Story: Spanish Android Handset
- 2013-01-06 ION Talking Point Conference Call Speakerphone Shaped Like A UFO
- 2013-01-06 ION Clipster Makes Your Bluetooth Speaker Wearable
- 2013-01-06 ION Party Rocker Plays Music Wirelessly While Projecting Colorful Patterns
- 2012-04-24 iCade Core and iCade Mobile Hitting U.K. in June, Roughly Priced at $81
- 2012-02-13 Ion Jukebox Dock for iPad is nostalgic [Updated]
- 2011-11-21 Android Honeycomb 3.2 running on an ASUS Eee PC
- 2011-08-17 Apple patent suggest antenna hidden under the keys
- 2010-03-01 NVIDIA Ion, The Next-Generation
- 2010-05-10 Tranquil PC T7-MP2 runs on NVIDIA ION and needs no fan
- 2010-09-15 Asus Eee PC 1015PN to rock with NVIDIA ION graphics next month