iSupply has done an analysis of the iPhone 3GS and estimates that the bill of material and the assembly cost about $179 (iPhone 3GS 16GB). That doesn’t take into account other things like marketing, shipping and R&D.
The cost is very comparable to the iPhone 3G 8GB model that iSupply previously looked at , although one would believe that the component prices for that other model went down (a little) as well.
That’s the wonderful thing with electronics: it gets faster and better – or much cheaper, pressuring tech companies to go ever faster in a race against devaluation that ultimately benefit the end user. More details in the full post.
Next Story: Zune HD To Launch In September (Rumor)
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2009-06-10 iPhone 3GS Has Twice the RAM (Confirmed)
- 2009-06-25 iPhone 3GS Induces 400% Uptick In YouTube Mobile Uploads
- 2009-08-05 8GB iPhone 3GS info spotted, is the iPhone 3G going away soon?