Thanks to T-Mobile Netherlands, we now know for sure that Apple has effectively double the amount of memory in the iPhone 3GS. Some have speculated that it was likely a performance booster for the new phone in web benchmarks. The 600Mhz processor is also in the list of features, something that leaked out from China before WWDC. At Ubergizmo, we also believe that Apple improved the power leakage of the new application processor and that WIFI has been very much optimized for power consumption, as Apple’s numbers show. Finally, the chip is most likely built using a 45nm process, but this is just speculation.
Next Story: Darth Vader Unmasked
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2009-06-24: iPhone 3GS Costs $179 To Build (iSuppli)
- 2009-06-25: iPhone 3GS Induces 400% Uptick In YouTube Mobile Uploads
- 2009-08-05: 8GB iPhone 3GS info spotted, is the iPhone 3G going away soon?