According to gaming site Kotaku, Sony is reaching out to developers and the word on the street is that the controller will launch in the Spring 2010 (E3 next year?) . Sony is presenting the controller as functioning “with any games across all genres from casual to [hard]core”.
As you already know, the controller will work with Sony’s Eye camera and microphone, which will add face and voice recognition, in addition of making the motion tracking better. Sony allegedly mentioned to developers that the DualShock *could* be used along with the motion controller, just like Nintendo does with the Nunchuck.
From the demo that we’ve seen at E3, the Playstation Eye seems to be a requirement, so it would be logical to find a bundle. Sony will also have to sell the motion controller as a stand-alone device, for those who already have the webcam. No firm date or price have been set.
Next Story: Belkin Gigabit Powerline HD Starter Kit
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2011-09-08: MountMe X-Me keeps your consoles in place
- 2011-03-31: SOCOM 4 Is A Hardcore PlayStation Move + Sharp Shooter Game Done Right
- 2011-01-17: $40 PlayStation 3 taken down from Target’s website
- 2010-07-05: PS3 Slim now comes in white with 320GB hard drive
- 2010-11-01: DIY PS3 Slim Laptop Up For Auction On eBay