The Palm Pre is currently available for CDMA networks only, so that means other parts of the world that run on GSM will have to wait a fair bit before it arrives in the GSM-compatible format. We’re guessing that there isn’t much more to wait since a GSM-enabled Palm Pre was spotted in the wild in Vietnam. Guess we’re looking at a GSM Pre launch sometime before the year is over, and hopefully the price would’ve come down by then.
Next Story: Skype 3.0 For Windows Mobile
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones
- 2009-11-23: Palm rolls out webOS 1.3.1 update for Europe
- 2010-08-29: Palm Pre overclocked beyond 1GHz mark
- 2010-11-11: Palm Pre removed by Sprint on the quiet?