Word has it that real usable apps are starting to trickle out for the Pre and its webOS platform via an exploit in the operating system that makes an allowance for unsigned apps to be sideloaded via email. This enabled homebrewers to release tiny utilities including the tip calculator seen here. Such early applications already do show a fair bit of promise, making us wonder what the scene will be like when the entire Pre community takes to the programming task seriously. Do you think this will pose a danger to the App Store from Apple?
Next Story: Linksys Wireless N Storage Router
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases