Pantech has noticed that a fancy user interface actually sells phones, so in order to make their interface fancy, they went “3D”. The thing with 3D interfaces is that no one has found a three-dimensional concept that actually makes people more productive. Of course, you can have a lot of “eye-candy”, but at the end of the day, what it looks like is a 2D interface mapped onto a cube. This is not any more efficient than flipping from one page to the next and it might drain more power. Nice try.
Next Story: iPhone 3GS Costs $179 To Build (iSuppli)
- 2014-03-18: Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-01-16: Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15: Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27: IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses
- 2013-01-29: Rightware's Kanzi Interface May Soon Power Your Car Dashboard
- 2011-08-08: TabCo UI sneak peek video
- 2011-06-13: RIM gets the help of YOU i Labs?