It was discovered that Sony has filed for a patent for software that does PS2 CPU emulation sometime in December last year, where the software is meant to “decode and recompile” the hardware used in the PS2′s Emotion Engine processor, and this could possibly lead to previously unplayable PS2 games on the PS3 to become playable. Do you think this could be added into the so-called PS3 Slim if and when it arrives? Well, according to Sony’s Eric Lempel, “There are possibilities through technology and software emulation to make that possible.” We’ll let time be the judge.
Next Story: Domo Kun Case
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow