We were playing with the TG01 and the Kinoma Player Recently
The Toshiba TG01 has finally launched in Japan. Docomo is the first carrier to offer the Windows Mobile smartphone. The TG01 is known for its large size and slim profile, but also for its speedy Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that runs at 1Ghz. We’ve recently experienced the device and it is true that the TG01 is very snappy.
While the 1Ghz clockspeed is great, we would like to point out that the most important thing is that the bus linking the processor to the other components (memory, GPU…) is actually fast to *not be* a bottleneck, a common occurrence found in handset architectures. In case you forgot, we’ve put the specifications highlights in the full post.
- 4.1″ 800×480 touch display
- 1Ghz processor
- 9.9mm thick
- 3.5G 7.2Mbps HSPA, WIFI, AGPS
- Accelerated 3D (22M triangles/sec), video decompression (720p)
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: docomo, japan, smartphone, toshiba, windows mobile,