We published this morning about the entrance of Toshiba in the US netbook market with the Mini NB205: the mini NB205-N310 will retail for $399 and the mini NB205-N210 for $349, both units will be available on June 23. Main features include a 10.1 inch widescreen LED display, a full QWERTY rased-tile keyboard with a rather large touchpad (laptop sized) an Intel Atom N280 processor (1.66 ghz) and a 160 GB hard drive equipped with an Impact Sensor to prevent bumps and a 6-cell battery with a quite good battery life (9 hours on the paper, we’ll see).
The mini NB205-N310 comes in a metallic textured finish and will be available in four colors – Sable Brown, Frost White, Indigo Blue and Posh Pink. The mini NB205-N210 features a Fusion Finish in Black Onyx cover and a flat keyboard with Black Matte finish. Full specifications after the jump.
- 10.1-inch widescreen TruBrite™ backlit LED display (WSVGA)
- Windows XP Home
- Intel Atom N280 processor (1.66GHz)
- 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM[iv], upgradeable to 2GB
- 160GB HDD with Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- 802.11 b/g WiFi and 10/100 Ethernet
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR (only available in mini NB205-N310)
- weight: 2.9 lbs
- 6-cell battery: up to 9 hours
- One USB port with Sleep-and-Charge and two USB 2.0 ports
- Built-in Webcam, speaker and microphone
- VGAport for connecting to external displays
- Memory Card Reader Slot
- Security Lock Slot