Rockchip Electronics Company is but a MP4 chip supplier from Fuzhou, China, but that doesn’t mean they will just maintain status quo with their line of products, right? Well, they are about to delve into the world of Androids with a trio of mobile chips – the RK2718,RK272 and RK2808. The RK2808 would be the first mobile chip from China that supports Android, and Rockchip has plans to roll out a RK2808-based portable media player sometime in autumn this year, followed by their very own Android handset later this October. Needless to say, this Android handset will be powered by the similar RK2808 chip. It would be interesting to see just how ridiculously cheap Android handsets get once the RK2808 takes off.
Next Story: Sony Vaio P WiMAX Edition Coming
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted