Altek claims that their T8680 is the real deal when it comes to camera phones, making us wonder what the rest of the cellphone manufacturers were doing all the while if this statement holds water. According to Altek, the T8680 will come with a 1/2.33″ 12.2 megapixel CCD image sensor, coupled with a 3x optical zoom lens, 5x digital zoom, 6.2mm ~ 18.6mm (35mm ~ 105mm, 35mm equivalent) focal length, F3.0 ~ F5.6 aperture and a 3″ 400 x 240 resolution touchscreen display. This handset will arrive in China and Taiwan later this September, retailing for $430 thereabouts. No idea on whether it will arrive in other markets apart from those mentioned though.
Next Story: Windows Phone, the new Windows Mobile
- 2010-12-22: Sony Buys Back CMOS Chip Plant, Hopes to Put Camera Sensors Into More Phones
- 2009-07-15: Sony Ericsson C905 Review
- 2009-07-30: Altek T8680 unveiled as true blue camera phone
- 2010-11-08: LG L-03C Camera Doubles Up As A Mobile Phone
- 2010-12-14: Nokia Phones Getting Dual-Core CPUs, Optical Zoom Coming