Apple, riding high on yet another favorable quarterly earnings report, has just announced that it recently forked out a cool half billion American dollars to Toshiba in order to snag a long-term supply of NAND for its mobile devices. This investment continues to place a high level of importance on flash memory as a key component for Apple, and has yet to rule out any other long-term deals with suppliers – presumably, if the price is right and in their favor.
Next Story: Taser X3 Coming Your Way
- 2011-07-28: Toshiba has higher performance NAND flash devices
- 2011-04-06: Toshiba releases new 24nm SmartNAND
- 2009-11-30: Apple Bullying Flash Memory Manufacturers?
- 2010-06-16: Toshiba 128GB flash chips target portable devices
- 2010-06-17: Samsung 512GB solid state drive relies on toggle-mode DDR NAND flash memory
- 2010-12-01: Samsung Develops NFC Chip With Embedded Flash Memory