The rumor that Apple might be launching a low-cost ultraportable is coming from Taiwan’s InfoTimes. It would be a touch-display 9.7″ to 10.2″ tablet computer that would be priced around $800.
Personally, I hope that it will have a full keyboard, because an $800 tablet-only (see Asus rumor) computer sounds like a niche market product. In the past, Apple has dismissed the idea of building a Netbook (previous rumor) because they’re “Crap”, but with Intel’s CULV processors and Nvidia’s ION Apple could build something that can carry a decent “Apple experience” and still provide what people want: light, long battery, nice and (relatively) cheap – and not call it a Netbook.
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Microsoft launches anti-Apple campaign, doesn't get it
- iPhone tracking bug fix coming, says Apple
- Study: Mac People Like To Throw Parties, Be Perceived as Unique
- Your Apple device knows where you've been, and keeps a log
- Follow: Apple Inc, laptops, netbook, netbooks, Tablet,