The rumor that Apple might be launching a low-cost ultraportable is coming from Taiwan’s InfoTimes. It would be a touch-display 9.7″ to 10.2″ tablet computer that would be priced around $800.
Personally, I hope that it will have a full keyboard, because an $800 tablet-only (see Asus rumor) computer sounds like a niche market product. In the past, Apple has dismissed the idea of building a Netbook (previous rumor) because they’re “Crap”, but with Intel’s CULV processors and Nvidia’s ION Apple could build something that can carry a decent “Apple experience” and still provide what people want: light, long battery, nice and (relatively) cheap – and not call it a Netbook.
Next Story: Microsoft Office 2010 Officially Leaked
- 2013-01-02: ASUS And Acer Bow Out Of Netbook Market
- 2012-06-27: Acer TravelMate B113 gets Sandy Bridge platform
- 2012-05-08: Acer Aspire One 725 ready to rock and roll
- 2012-04-29: Sol Computer netbook is one tough cookie
- 2012-04-17: Sprint launches subsidized IdeaPad S205s netbook for $199.99 on contract
- 2011-09-13: Sol Computers deliver netbook and tablet with Pixel Qi displays
- 2010-01-05: HP Mini 2102 netbook
- 2010-11-12: MacBook Air Now Seen as Cannibalizing iPad Sales