I remember one of those older comedies from Eddie Murphy who was taking a dig at Stevie Wonder, asking the latter to impress Eddie the man himself by taking over the wheel while they were having a conversation in the car. Well, this scenario might be plausible in the near future as Virginia Tech undergrads have managed to build a car that the blind can drive. This semi-autonomous vehicle comes with laser range finders, computer with voice software and other sensory technology which goes a long way in helping direct visually impaired drivers to take the wheel on a closed course. A vibrating vest will help one follow accelerating and decelerating cues, where it can also vibrate in various places to send different commands. Neat!
Next Story: Mimo Mini USB Monitor
- 2014-02-25: Venom Is World’s Fastest Production Car
- 2013-08-12: Upside Down Car Unveiled
- 2013-06-26: Wireless Dash Warning Light Warns You Of Slowing Traffic
- 2013-06-06: This 1984 Dodge Colt Has Been Modified To Look Like A Bumper Car
- 2013-03-12: iPad Used To Drive A Car In Russia