Looks like contact lenses of the future will get all the more sophisticated, with a new model being developed that is able to deliver medication gradually over time – a heaven-sent product for dry-eye sufferers and glaucoma patients, who could probably kiss goodbye to messy eye drops once and for all. After all, drops have been classified to be irritating and inefficient despite making up 90% of all eye medication. Doctors have placed an estimate of 1% to 7% of the medication is absorbed into the eye, while the rest actually drips down the cheeks or end up in the back of the throat. Since it can be time-released, this new breed of contact lenses also eliminates the problem of (purposeful) forgetfulness.
Next Story: Teufel Cinebar 50 Soundbar
- 2013-12-11: Contact Lenses That Dispense Drugs Could Be Effective Glaucoma Treatment Tool
- 2013-07-03: New Generation Contact Lens Might Offer You “Terminator” Vision
- 2013-06-10: Future Contact Lenses Could Be More Comfortable
- 2012-12-06: Contact Lens Sports Embedded LCD Display
- 2012-02-07: Virtual reality contact lenses offers 3D panoramic images