An FCC filing has just revealed that Creative’s first touchscreen media device will be known as the Zii, and judging by the name alone, you can tell that it will be powered by the dual-core Zii processor. The filing also reveals an “HD camera” logo located near an appropriate port, pointing towards the ability of the Zii to capture video and playback in High Definition, although it remains to be seen whether full HD is supported or not. There is the possibility of an SD memory card slot included due to the space on the side, while a second version of the Zii known as the Zii EGG will target developers. There is no word on a launch date, but hopefully the Zii EGG will hatch into something worth going up against the iPod.
Next Story: Sony Vaio W Joins Netbook Race
- 2014-04-02: Creative Sound Blaster Play! 2 USB Sound Card Announced
- 2014-02-26: Creative Sound Blaster Roar Announced
- 2013-06-04: Creative Senz3D Camera Lets You Enjoy 3D Gesture Controls
- 2013-05-22: Creative Dxm Signature Series Wireless Speakers
- 2013-05-14: Creative Airwave And Airwave HD Bluetooth Speakers
- 2012-06-01: Creative HanZpad 10-inch dual-core tablet hits FCC
- 2010-12-29: Creative Zen Touch 2 hits the FCC, arriving stateside?
- 2010-09-06: Creative Sound Blaster Wireless MultiPlay System Visits The FCC
- 2010-11-22: Creative WP-300 arrives at the FCC
- 2010-12-13: Creative ZiiO 10 hits the FCC