Apple has made its SDK 3.1b3 available to developers. Today’s news is that Apple is making a video API available so that developers can retrieve the video feed from the internal camera to build augmented reality apps. The last time we checked, AcrossAir is already doing this, but it might get easier, who knows. If you wonder what Augmented Reality is, check this demo of AcrossAir.
Interestingly enough, Apple has not approve existing augmented reality apps, may be because they want everyone using the same API. Here’s another example:
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- WhatsApp Finally Receives iOS 7 Update
- Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- Half Of iPhone 5c Owners Come From Android
- New iPhones Continue To Dominate Japan's Smartphone Market
- Follow: 3d, Apple Inc, developers, development, graphics, smartphones, video,