iTunes 8.2.1 has a “fix” for its “verification of Apple devices” problem also known as “Palm Pre”. This update effectively locks the Palm Pre out of iTunes, making one of the brightest feature of the phone a moot point. Now, we wonder if/when Palm will be able to find a counter-measure.
Context: iTunes has been clearly designed to work with Apple devices only, as it is a strategic advantage. Palm has circumvented the Apple recognition system by basically pretending to be an iPod, but Apple found a way to shed its disguise, probably by using other unique Apple characteristics. A new game of cat and mouse has started. [via PreCentral]RELATED
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Your Apple device knows where you've been, and keeps a log
- iOS Outreaches Android by 59% says Comscore
- iPhone 5 is dual GSM+CDMA, looks like an iPhone 4
- Android surpasses iOS globally, might eventually surpass PC
- Follow: itunes, palm pre, smartphones,