LG Display and Continental AG have come to an understanding worth millions of dollars, where the former will be charged to supply of 30,000 sheets of LG Display’s 5.8″ and 7.3″ LCD panels on a monthly basis to Mercedes Benz. These LCD panels will then see action in the new batch of E-class sedans, so expect this model to feature light-emitting diode backlight bulbs the next time you step into one of such luxury vehicles. Naturally, the low end E-class will use the 5.8″ model while premium variants of this line will see 7.3″ lining up the interior, giving you a much larger image of whatever’s being shown at that moment, be it news, your favorite holiday moments or even new movies.
Next Story: Scorpion EXO-900 transforming helmet
- 2014-03-06: Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- 2014-03-06: Google’s Projected Mode System Could Feature In Mercedes Benz Cars
- 2014-03-03: Mercedes-Benz To Add Android Support When Google's Car Infotainment System Is Ready
- 2014-01-07: Mercedes-Benz To Add Nest Thermostat Control In Vehicles
- 2013-07-30: Mercedes-Benz Wants To Use Google Glass To Provide A Seamless GPS Experience