We knew that the PSP Go was faster than the PSP-3000, but “by how much” was still a subject of speculation. It is not anymore as an FCC filing makes the PSP Go speed official. With a 480Mhz frequency, it is 44% faster than the previous 333Mhz PSP chip.
At first, most developers will make sure that their games are compatible with the PSP, so it’s unlikely that they will use the added power for anything affecting the gameplay. However, it’s not impossible to think that some eye-candy could be added when running on the PSP Go. Physics, particles, lighting or reflections would be high on the list… As the user base grows, the PSP Go could become a platform in itself as Sony will want to push their highest margin product. Sony could also subsidize Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker to be a “PSP Go only” title for that reason.
Link: FCC filing
Next Story: Firefox 3.5 Portable Is Available
- 2013-12-22: Woman Held Ransom And Tortured For A PSP In Las Vegas
- 2013-05-02: GTA 1 And 2 Rated For PS3, PS Vita And PSP
- 2013-04-08: Black Rock Shooter: The Game Releasing On PSN On April 24
- 2012-12-10: Intel Readies 13W CPUs, Dives Deeper in Low-Power Territory
- 2012-09-04: Sony PSP Clone Runs Android 4.0, Costs Only $66
- 2012-06-11: Final Fantasy III confirmed for the PSP
- 2012-03-06: PSP arriving in Sky-Marine Blue
- 2009-05-30: PSP Go Revealed