Microsoft is preparing to open retail stores next to Apple’s, intentionally. “We’re going to have some retail stores opened up right next door to Apple stores this fall,” (Kevin Turner, COO of Microsoft).
This will be an interesting competition for customer attention… Microsoft understands that consumers like to see (and touch) stuff before they buy and the company wants to make sure that it has an opportunity to tell its story. With the Xbox 360 and the upcoming Zune HD, Microsoft too will have cool stuff to show to the public. We wonder what the Microsoft stores will look like.
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-13: IRS Reportedly Paying Microsoft Millions For Extended Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2013-11-11: Apple Store Goes Down Worldwide, iPad Mini With Retina Display Coming Soon?
- 2013-11-08: Get Your Hands On The Xbox One At Microsoft Retail Stores Starting Today
- 2009-07-21: Ex-Apple real estate chief now working on Microsoft retail stores