You are still required to plug in your electric vehicle to the nearest power outlet at this moment, but the future will be very different if Nissan has their way with their own contactless charging system. Targeting electric vehicles in the future, this new system is said to be targeting a 2010 release, considering a 3kW-class system for home use. There is no word on pricing, but we won’t be surprised to see such a package retail for several thousand dollars. We say get contactless charging with our plethora of gadgets right first before moving on to a much larger entity like vehicles.
Next Story: XCM Black Light Chameleon case
- 2014-03-03: Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27: Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-16: Nissan Powers Building In Japan With Electric Cars