As we said earlier Apple and Palm have entered in a cat-and mouse game in which the Palm Pre tries to fool iTunes into thinking that it is an Apple device, while Apple tries to block the Pre from accessing iTunes.
iTunes 8.2.1 blocked Palm Pre users for the first time last week. But it didn’t take too long for Palm to circumvent the iTunes update: the Palm Web OS 1.1 “resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1)”
The next move from Apple will define the rhythm at which this whack-a-mole game will be played (at least from Apple’s perspective). We wonder if Apple will find a permanent way of blocking Palm (like claiming that they use a patented trademark as a device ID) or if Palm users will get upset because of the intermittent iTune blockade. One thing is certain: Pre owners will be cautious before updating iTunes in the future.
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-11-10: Apple releases iOS 5.0.1 update, address battery issues and then some
- 2011-05-05: iOS 5 to offer OTA updates?
- 2011-03-31: New Mac OS X update released for 2010 13" MacBook Air
- 2011-03-11: iOS 4.3 in-app purchases now password protected
- 2011-03-09: iOS 4.3 officially released