Microsoft Exchange is by far the best email option for Blackberry these days, but as RIM (research In Motion) wants to get deeper into the consumer market, there’s no chance that most people would sign up for a hosted exchange account.
Creating a better GMail experience is therefore one of the few options available to RIM to continue its push towards consumer-friendly email devices (source in German). A New Gmail plug-in is currently in beta test by a small group of people, apparently employees and most likely close partners like wireless carriers. Improvements would include:
- Gmail label support
- Archive management, Spam report
- Better sync?
- Search the integrality of your maibox
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-03-11: Google Improves Gmail Mobile Web To Adopt Gmail 2.0 for iOS UI
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced