Hitachi has jumped aboard the rugged bandwagon by rolling out its SimpleTOUGH portable USB drive which can shrug off 3 meter drops, alongside the ability to handle the pressure of a 1-ton truck. The unit also comes with an integrated, flexible, foldaway USB cable, making it a snap to power and tuck away in a jiffy. Useful for both local and online backup, the SimpleTOUGH Comes with Hitachi’s Local Backup software alongside the Hitachi Ultimate Backup service that offers free, secure online backup of up to 2GB. You can pick up the SimpleTOUGH in 250GB, 320GB and 500GB capacities, where they will retail for $99.99, $109.99 and $139.99, respectively.
Next Story: Optima OP5-E MID
- 2013-03-12: Hitachi Ropits Self-Driving Vehicle
- 2012-10-04: Hitachi bomb-detecting airport gate prototype unveiled
- 2012-09-24: Hitachi claims to have “forever” data solution
- 2012-05-07: Hitachi launches all-in-one data center service
- 2012-04-12: Hitachi Develops High-Efficiency Motor with no Rare Earth Materials